Saturday, December 17, 2011

mini-man antics

Nothing too exciting is happening around these here parts.

The menfolk are up to their usual shenanigans.




There's a pair of siblings, a 6 year-old named Isaac and his 3 year-old sister Hera, that likes to come over [every day] and knock [overandoverandover] on the door to see if the boys can play.

Here's a typical afternoon.

Isaac:  *knockknockknockknockknock*

Me:  ignore.


Isaac:   *knockknockknock*  *DING DONG*


Me: put down whatever i'm doing at the moment and shuffle to the door.  open it a crack.  Hey, Isaac.

Isaac:  Can they play right now?

Me:  No, they're napping right now.

Isaac:  No they're not.  They're right there.

I open the door and peek around to find this.




Me:  ....

Hera:  So can they play now?

Me:  Um, no.  It's still naptime for another half hour.  Come back after 4.


I'm so mean.


But hey.  Naptime is sacred.  I treasure it.  There is no way in heck I am going to cut it short.  I love my boys, but I also prize my alone time.


I'm sure you understand why.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA! You are so kind and patient! My hero to my 2 favoritist little boys!!

    ReplyDelete