Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Playtime

The other day, in an attempt to give Tesla more structured play, I brought out some beans.

"This activity is great for tactile and kinesthetic learning!  Your child will love to scoop and pour the beans!"

Well, my child loves to fling them all over the room (do you know how hard it is to find stray pinto beans on berber carpet?) and eat them.  After about eleven repetitions of "No, Tesla, do not eat the beans!" and the thrill of extracting multiple slimy beans from the jaws of a determined one year old, I gave up.

Not wanting my son to miss out on the valuable sensory experience, I substituted cheerios.


He did enjoy scooping them.


But he mostly enjoyed eating them.



And crushing cheerios in his fist like the Incredible Hulk.  There was cereal dust everywhere.



All in the name of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment